Monday, June 7, 2010

What Inspires You?

As I was looking at the fashion blog, Hel-Looks, that features pictures of people out and about throughout the city of Helsinki, I started to wonder what I'd say if someone were to ask me about my fashion preferences and tastes. As I'm sure many of you know, on top of the pictures of people on the Hel-Looks fashion blog, there are little comments and quotes of each individual featured, of what inspires them clothes-wise, what they're wearing and what they like. I began to wonder if I'd even have anything similar to say... It seems that all that really 'inspires' me is my mood and how I feel that particular day. And really practical things like, setting, event or function are things that influence my day-to-day choices for outfits. Don't get me wrong, I love "big necklaces" and "the colour black" and "indie music" and all, but I guess I'm not really inspired by those things. Perhaps it makes me less interesting than those fashionistas who actually know what they're doing, but what does it matter anyway? When push comes to shove, I dress how I like, rain or shine, happy or sad.


I mean, in case anyone was really wondering...

No comments: