Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Recession-Proof Artist

The state of the economy these days is making even me, still a college student, extremely weary about my future as an artist. How many dance companies out there are seeking new dancers? It scares me to think that I'll have to fend for myself very soon. Being such a long distance away from home definitely doesn't ease my emotional situation either. But watching this video of artist, Alexander Conner, has made me feel more optimistic and even be able to embrace the 'starving artist' lifestyle that may or may not be inevitable. All I know is that I am the one responsible for my future and for the fulfillment of my dreams and my love for my art surpasses my fear.

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2009/05/19/arts/1194840314497/the-recession-proof-artist.html

No comments: