Sunday, October 24, 2010

Alwar Subramaniam Is The Man




I found this presentation of Indian sculptor, Alwar Subramaniam, so perfectly thought-provoking and inspiring, it left me feeling nourished both with my spirit and mind, nutrition which I was feeling very much devoid of ever since I had come here to Brussels. This reminded me of what I feel like I'm going through right now and will probably be facing for many more years to come, that which is about saying goodbye and allowing attachment to mean something that can exist beyond the physical realm. This idea of traces that Subramaniam speaks of prompts me to think about the question of what we leave behind when we, for instance, move on to some place new, or move on to a developing a new relationship with a different person. What is our essence? What does it mean to be human? These are intriguing questions that were provoked in me as I listened and watched this presentation. Finally, a source of inspiration perhaps...

No comments: